Florida Boy Moved West

CaptZachSparrow

Jan 28, 2015
Hey y'all, just wanting to reach out and introduce myself. Ive been reading the posts here in the forum for a lil while now trying to get a feel for things out here. Im new to SoCal (PB) from N Florida where I've hunted and fished my whole life. Like to get a little feedback on where to go to hunt public land, if there are any realtively priced clubs to join without 1000 members just going out there and shootin up the place as well as local favorite gun/archey shops. Im an avid bowhunter and fisherman so if anyone is looking to meet up and trade stories or just help a newcomer get acquainted with the land then I would be real appreciative. Happy Huntin y'all.

Welcome Zach,

If you were from S. Florida, I could help you more.....I need an Osceola......lol

J/K.......There's a club up at Lake Henshaw that has damn good hunting.....Max membership is 100.....Here in San Diego Co. You have a lot of BLM, Cleveland NF, and wildlife areas that allow hunting......The NWTF Spring Turkey Tune-up is Feb 21st. at Lake San Vicente (about 45 minutes from where you live).....A lot of your questions can be answered there.

@ilovesprig Hey thanks brother! I appreciate that input, do you know the name of the camp up at lake Henshaw? As far as my roots are concerned, I had propety down in central florida about an hour and a half away from my house with big osceola double beards runnin around all over the place hahaha. Ill look into that NWTF event at the end of feb. Do you know if there is a registration page or anything? thanks again!

CaptZachSparrow said:
@ilovesprig Hey thanks brother! I appreciate that input, do you know the name of the camp up at lake Henshaw? As far as my roots are concerned, I had propety down in central florida about an hour and a half away from my house with big osceola double beards runnin around all over the place hahaha. Ill look into that NWTF event at the end of feb. Do you know if there is a registration page or anything? thanks again!

Zach,

You just show up......Starts at 9:00 am.......Here's a flyer.

The name of the club is MCC (My Country Club).......Call Larry Whyte (1-760-533-8885) and he'll give you a tour of the property (about 75,000 acres).

Attachments

• DSCF0463.JPG
    DSCF0463.JPG
    800 KB · Views: 12

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu