Freakshow..

Rhino neck....tank for sure..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231222-151014.png
    Screenshot_20231222-151014.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 11
Reactions: sportyg
How's the recovery coming along? The key to pain free recovery is, two fingers of brown with each pain pill. :)

• Haha
Reactions: sportyg
Had some disturbing news..upon futher investigation..I'm gonna need a full disc replacement in C6..maybe C7 ..so ..gonna get throat patched to access my cervical spine ..then they carve out the bad one..and pound a new one in..then sew me back up..prolly gonna go down sometime next week...in the meantime..I'm chewing oxycodone pills like a mule buck chewing his cudd..Eddie walking me threw this as he had the fusion.. which is similar..anyone on here had the disc replacement or fusion...feel free to chime in with recovery tips and timelines..thanks for asking John..will keep the brethern here posted..thank fellas!

Had some disturbing news..upon futher investigation..I'm gonna need a full disc replacement in C6..maybe C7 ..so ..gonna get throat patched to access my cervical spine ..then they carve out the bad one..and pound a new one in..then sew me back up..prolly gonna go down sometime next week...in the meantime..I'm chewing oxycodone pills like a mule buck chewing his cudd..Eddie walking me threw this as he had the fusion.. which is similar..anyone on here had the disc replacement or fusion...feel free to chime in with recovery tips and timelines..thanks for asking John..will keep the brethern here posted..thank fellas!

Dude, that's no good! Stay strong.

Dude, that's no good! Stay strong.
40 plus years of packing large mammals took a toll...would I do it again? Hell yes!! Hence me getting the repairs done this off season...gotta be ready by Dove Season!!! All that matters!!!

Had c6/c7 done several years ago. ACDF [anterior cervical discectomy and fusion] In thru my throat, disc removal, cadaver bone replacement, cage, plate, screws. Surprisingly, VERY little pain from surgery. The pain from the fragmented disc ended immediately. Hoarse voice and trouble swallowing for a few days. No pain meds needed at all. Be glad you're getting the surgery. It will end your suffering. In and out the same day. Recovery is only about 30 days or so, can't lift anything over 5 pounds, then you can do anything. You will have a gash scar on your throat, but you can tell your grandkids that you and Blackbeard went toe to toe with your cutlasses and prior to you cutting his liver out, he got in one fast slice.

I agree with Gundoglover, except for me, two fingers is the distance between my index finger and my little finger, both outstretched.

Haha!! Thanks Doc.. appreciate the insight...gonna get throat patched Monday Feb 5th..until then it's the oxy highway..only thing that numbs the pain..of course no booze with the dope..I wanna wake up and hunt for the next 25 or so years....ive pushed an ungodly amount of Narcan to revive folks from there opiod induced respiratory arrests over years...don't plan on being on the receiving end...im a giver!!

Scary but well worth it... you got this. Ed F
View attachment 61090
Thanks buddy,!! Appreciate your text the other day and insight!! I'm coming to drink brown in your mancave when this shit is over..we can compare scars!!! That pic is bad ass!! Blow it up and frame it and hang in the man cave..when the pussys wanna tap out...point to the pic!! Ha!!

Reactions: BOWUNTR
Thanks buddy,!! Appreciate your text the other day and insight!! I'm coming to drink brown in your mancave when this shit is over..we can compare scars!!! That pic is bad ass!! Blow it up and frame it and hang in the man cave..when the pussys wanna tap out...point to the pic!! Ha!!
You say you're taking a lot of opioids? I had horrible radiculopathy in right arm, hand, shoulder blade. Constant, no change of position helped. That went on for 11 weeks until neurosurgeon called insurance company and told them that I was losing use of right side. Surgery 3 days later. But that 11 weeks was the worst pain of my life. Could only take opioids for about 3 days and then my plumbing plugged up. Didn't crap for almost 2 weeks. DR prescribed all sorts of laxatives and I took them by the handful. Late one night a few days later, felt the urge. So excited. Ran in to the crapper, sat down, and "pop, pop, pop," 3 popcorn farts in rapid succession and that was it. A lady I knew, a former flower child whose armpits had never felt a razor, baked 5 dozen chocolate chip cookies for me. Special cookies. Won't say what because I don't want Uncle Sam or Uncle Gavin to come and take away my toys. Those cookies saved my life. Seriously. Was able to function, took a crap so big that I had to tighten my belt 3 notches, was able to sleep. Not saying that you should seek that medication out, but it literally kept me from going off the deep end.

Do you have any shooting pain going down either side into your arm or hand? Any loss of feeling in either hand? I permanently lost the feeling and most of the use of my right thumb and 2 adjoining fingers. Makes it hard to squeeze a trigger but a really good excuse for all the shots I miss, which is most of them.

Hang in there, Mr. Hatchet. And watch the oxy, really easy to get hooked and constipated, and there is nothing worse than a dope addict who is full of shit.

Last edited:
Reactions: HATCHET1
All all of the above doc..whole left side is trash with the worst pain I've ever had..shoulder ..neck locked up..tricep..forearm..2 fingers..the whole enchilada..going on about 5;weeks now..finally got the approval as nothing else has worked..looked at my mri and Dr said. ..how long you been walking around like this!! I told him..he was like..ya.no good..gotta get you in
..I'm.so looking forward to getting this done..fckn maddening as it's 24 7..but there is light at the end of the tunnel!! And yes..I'm.all.about the brownies..they do make for a pleasant crap along with the other benefits that come with it!! Thanks again..I trashed it playing middle backer in school many many years ago..came back to haunt me...time to pay the piper...

I lived a pretty sheltered live compared to what some of you have gone through. I only had several broken ribs, and a sprained sternum ( that really sucked) after I feel through a roof hatch and landed on a A frame ladder. Then there was the other broken ribs when I fell backwards onto a I beam. I had my hip replaced and eight months later knee replacement. Except for the pain meds they put in me while in the hospital, that I was not aware of until after the fact, I refused to take them. The pain from all those things was nothing compared to the pain of the constipation from the meds. When I finally broke loose I dropped a pallet of standard size cinder block out of my ass. No pain meds for me, ever again.

As long as I can pick up the 870 in March for a yard bird.. I'm good!!! O. And porky too!! But as usual...I'll.prolly get cockblocked byba boy as I do believe #1 will be home on leave that week...DAMN IT!!!!

All all of the above doc..whole left side is trash with the worst pain I've ever had..shoulder ..neck locked up..tricep..forearm..2 fingers..the whole enchilada..going on about 5;weeks now..finally got the approval as nothing else has worked..looked at my mri and Dr said. ..how long you been walking around like this!! I told him..he was like..ya.no good..gotta get you in
..I'm.so looking forward to getting this done..fckn maddening as it's 24 7..but there is light at the end of the tunnel!! And yes..I'm.all.about the brownies..they do make for a pleasant crap along with the other benefits that come with it!! Thanks again..I trashed it playing middle backer in school many many years ago..came back to haunt me...time to pay the piper...
You'll be fine Hatch. Like they say, it ain't no hill for a climber. Stay away from pain meds. Stick with the brown.

John..the back up is no joke!! Mama has me on a special shake she makes me in the morning...has me running to the shitter!! Just happy to get there in time!! Damn dog almost tripped me the other day..what a mess that would have been...damn dog!!!

110 pound obstacle in my way!! Likes to lay in front of the latrine...pretty sure he does it in purpose....that son of a bitch... literally..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240116-210843.png
    Screenshot_20240116-210843.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 4

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu