Fresh One.

invisible man

Walk The Line
Oct 7, 2011
About 20 feet up
Got to my tree early and had deer coming by right away. Lots of does and a few young bucks chasen them around. One descent 3X3 but he was little young so Im given him a few more years. Besides I could tell it was gonna be one of those days where I was gonna see more so I thought I would hold out for a larger model. As the morning rolled by and the parade slowed down I stood up and stretched for a minute and as soon as I sat back down I catch movement through the trees to my left so I slip my bow off its hanger and prepare for more deer. As It gets closer I can see it is a buck but can't tell how big. When he pops out of the scrub oaks under me I see multiple points and determine he is a shooter so I stop him at my 20 mark and draw back. I took one last look at his head gear and then put my 20 pin on his forward ribs and squeezed it off. I hit him good and watched him hunch up and trot off. I sat there for a few minutes and then got my binos up and located my arrow, It was a clean pass through and was covered with blood. I snuck out and went to my truck and gave LP a call and he said hang tight he was heading that way. Well we found him stretched out under an oak about 150yrds away. He is not the king of the neighborhood but Ill take him any day.

Attachments

• IMG_1474.JPG
    IMG_1474.JPG
    6.4 MB · Views: 34
  • 2013-11-17_13-06-25_300.jpg
    2013-11-17_13-06-25_300.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 35
Was a lot of fun today nice job Doug. You forgot to add that in 150 yards we found 3 yes only 3 drops of blood about the size of a tick. To say Doug was re leaved when we found him would have been an understatement.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu