Fun Lab Day

labsrule

Jan 20, 2014
Hunted with both the girls today. Grey sky's all day. I left when it just started to rain. Hunted just North of Wister. They were shooting good. Pic of the Lab looking out the blind is Nikita. Wondering why we don't shoot Coots. Second one is my Senior Lab. Montana just has that look when I whiff.

John

20230114_071718.jpg20230114_071435.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing better

You got that right. We got ducks today. When I get zeroed I get mad I let them down. Nothing like watching a Lab in a duck blind. They just watch and see ducks before I do. I hunt for them. There passed out on my bed as I type this reply.

John

John,

It is so much fun hunting with a lab, especially alone....................... :heart:
So, true. You can just focus on the experience. Calling the ducks in and watching them work. Watching the dogs as you start calling and they know it really is game time. Then again, they are the masters of non verbal communication and you know when they are pissed when you miss. There is just a certain look or a huff. But more so, it is just watching their excitement. They are as happy being there as you are.

John

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu