Game camera today blah

SoCalB3AST

Well I took my game camera out last sunday and put it what I thought was gonna be a good spot next to my old tree stand, and I left it there for over a week, there is deer trails all over infont of my stand, but after a week I only found 11 picures of nothing walking in front of it. Curious if i should leave it their longer or move to different area?. Also on the walk in i jumped 2 does pretty big ones. They were beding down in the clearing behind my stand, but another thing was the gate was closed at bottom of the mountain so it was a 3 mile hike to my spot and 3 miles down it sucked lol

It takes awhile for the scent to come off the camera. I usually leave mine for three to four weeks before checking them.

Snake Charmer said:
It takes awhile for the scent to come off the camera. I usually leave mine for three to four weeks before checking them.

good point snake charmer, maybe wipe down before deploying. maybe a lightly moist clean washed rag. soaked in baking soda or or spray scent blocker over it, don't know but what you say makes sense.

also if I may add SoCalB3ast.

was there a lot of sign, tracks, and scat on the trail? usually I get something in a week or two. but patience is a virtue.
also did you test the camera, what type is it? I walk in front of my trail cameras at different distances, just to make sure it's working properly.

once I had a problem with the memory card. it was bad. make sure to format it in the camera. took me a while to figure that out.
also the guys here have been doing it a long time. one suggestion said I believe by Aeon, Lungpopper, NBK Taft and others. is to set the camera not across the trail but some what facing towards the trail. I believe. I dd it both ways across and in the direction
of the trail. and it works better facing the trail. well to my humble opinion. some cameras can not react fast enough I guess. also
I camo my cameras with foliage Present in the area. makes it blend in better, and helps with scent. just me I like doing that. but it's not necessary.

Attachments

• IMG_0027.JPG
    IMG_0027.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
I would have left it longer but due to that fire we just had I was worried about it, and the gate was closed so I couldnt drive up to spot anyways lol long hike up the hill.

But the camera is a primos work horse I got for 9 bucks at Walmart on clearennce.

And there is trails all over infont of it fresh hooves marks all over and skat and bedding area, it was in good spot I even tested it before I left it but no luck.

I'll be hunting where I found the 9 bucks the other day for regular season, but I was trying a old area in d11 for my either sex archery tag. Talked to a buddy of mine and he told me about a spot with water and alot of tracks gonna go check that out and maybe deploy again.

SoCalB3AST said:
I would have left it longer but due to that fire we just had I was worried about it, and the gate was closed so I couldnt drive up to spot anyways lol long hike up the hill.

But the camera is a primos work horse I got for 9 bucks at Walmart on clearennce.

And there is trails all over infont of it fresh hooves marks all over and skat and bedding area, it was in good spot I even tested it before I left it but no luck.

I'll be hunting where I found the 9 bucks the other day for regular season, but I was trying a old area in d11 for my either sex archery tag. Talked to a buddy of mine and he told me about a spot with water and alot of tracks gonna go check that out and maybe deploy again.

keep at buddy, you doing all right. i did a little research and the lower end cameras have a lower sensitivity, what that means is does not pick up animals at longer distance. my partner and i where using lower in moultries and they worked fine up to a distance. and of course he had a browning. so place the camera a little closer. it worked for us. except we purchased ours from ebay at a discount. bought two for the price of one.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Hunting/Trail-Cameras-Feeders/Trail-Cameras-Accessories%7C/pc/104791680/c/104767380/sc/103867380/Moultrie-A-8-8MP-Trail-Camera/1912621.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Ftrail-cameras-accessories%2Fmoultrie%2F_%2FN-1100176%2B1000004070%2FNe-1000004070%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_103867380%3FWT.srch%3D1%26WT.tsrc%3DPPC%26rid%3D20%26WT.mc_id%3DGOOGLE%7CHun_Game%2BCameras_Moultrie-Gen%7CUSA%26WT.z_mc_id1%3D43700005661655824%26gclid%3DCj0KEQjwu-CuBRCQ2byQtMep7e0BEiQABQKlkXnPNdSTaTp-v-q9DwPZaOnaErR04T8-c4GkMv9Z89saAszz8P8HAQ%26gclsrc%3Daw.ds

Ghost

Back