Getting closer!!

Shmee22

Apr 19, 2014
I don't know about you guys but I'm getting excited for Deer season! Applied for X12 first choice and A31 as my second. Also applied for the Independence season 2 Bull Elk tag. I'm hoping to get lucky on one of those. Going to be a Dad in a couple of months so I have a lot to look forward to.

What did you guys apply for? Hope you have good luck on the draw. Update this on what you guys get and I'll do the same.

Nothing too exciting here.....Decided not go to Montana either. So, pretty much staying local....A-22 & D-16.... ;)

I applied for
antelope-740
elk-496 lone pine per 3
sheep-508
deer- x9a , g38, d10 with zero points so most likely d10 then purchase a d9.

I also applied for a few other states but applied for very tough hunts to build points and wait a couple years to draw some tags and start trying to draw them. This year I am going to stay locally and plan on trying to win the SCH big buck contest ...haha :D

G39 first choice, G3 second choice, then D16. More than likely with 5 points in the pot I'll get a point and a D16. May pick up an AO tag for some other opportunities that are out there.
I'll be headed to Idaho in Oct for a OTC rifle deer. Who knows something else may come up.

Got my a22 , my dad drew 401 anther less elk .... No points lucky draw hahaha

ilovesprig said:
Has anybody received their deer tag in the mail yet?
Not me. There has been a problem with DFW's printing vendor so there could be a delay. I bought my license, bear, pig bobcat tags, upland, etc online and it all arrived in the mail. Then two weeks ago I got a letter from DFW saying it was all invalid due to a printing error. They enclosed a prepaid envelope and I sent it all back to them per instructions, to be exchanged. Weird.

I received mine, but my wife has not received hers.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Still waiting for my D12, its not official for me until I have the tag on hand.... ;)

I received my A31 tag last week but then realized I hadn't received my license or other tags. I called Sacramento and the girl said to download and fill out the 2015 certificate of nonreceipt and fax or mail it in and they will will resend the license and tags. I thought it was just me but it sounds like they are having issues getting the stuff mailed out.

Here is the link to the form.

https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/Search-Results.aspx?q=certificate%20of%20on%20receipt

Eric

There is a problem with their printing vendor. DFW is trying to address it but they are behind so I'm not expecting my license and other tags before July 1.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu