going dove hunting, dont forget HIP stamp

wiley

Feb 11, 2014
I just found out the Hunter information program stamp is required for dove hunting,as well as other migrating birds...just a heads up before monday...glad i heard about this...stamp is free by the way, but will cost ya if caught without it

Harvest Information Program (HIP) Validation NO FEE Required for any person hunting ducks, dove, gallinules, geese, band-tailed pigeon, black brant, coots, and snipe. This validation is free to hunters who complete the Harvest Information Program (HIP) Survey. The validation is available where hunting licenses are sold.
The HIP Validation is imprinted on your hunting license document when you answer the HIP Survey questions. If you hunt migratory game birds, verify that a HIP Validation has been printed on your hunting license.

The HIP Survey provides wildlife biologists with data needed to make wildlife management decisions and formulate hunting seasons.

good post its been this way for at least a few years as part of the upland game stamp. Ive had to answer all the stupid questions for the past 3 years.

Got my upland stamp last month, no questions asked, same with my grandkids last week. .no questions asked. ...glad I seen it, turner's said I can come down and get them

Thanks for the heads up Wiley. I had to check w NBK because it's been awhile since I did my licenses, and this is my first year hunting upland birds. Anyone who picked up your licenses at FF, if you got upland bird stamp, you probably already have the HIP stamp.

Sent via Tapatalk

Any decent store should know the HIP stamp goes along with the upland stamp.........Turner's in San Marcos included the questionnaire and HIP when I bought mine there.

On a somewhat similar note.........Sportsman's Catering at Wister will be open this week-end.......Frank & Marilyn sell licenses, food, drinks, shells, decoys, etc........Great folks and support all our hunting needs at Wister and the IV........Free coffee & hot chocolate this week-end.

So, if you run low on ammo or just need some lunch, stop by and say hi............ :D

ilovesprig said:
Any decent store should know the HIP stamp goes along with the upland stamp.........Turner's in San Marcos included the questionnaire and HIP when I bought mine there.

On a somewhat similar note.........Sportsman's Catering at Wister will be open this week-end.......Frank sells licenses, food, drinks, shells, decoys, etc........Great guy and supports all our hunting needs at Wister and the IV........Free coffee & hot chocolate this week-end.

So, if you run low on ammo or just need some lunch, stop by and say hi............ :D

I buy my licenses online. I may be mistaken, but I think they make you take HIP before you can add upland to your cart.

Sorry for posting in this old topic
I just realize that HIP is required. I get my upland game tag at Big 5 and no question asked. Which mean I don't have HIP validation?What should I do now?

Almasy said:
I just realize that HIP is required. I get my upland game tag at Big 5 and no question asked. Which mean I don't have HIP validation?What should I do now?

first look at you license make shure its not already there, i get mine at big 5 I dont ask for it they give me the HIP ,first its your hunting license 47.01, then upland gamebird validation 9.46, then
the HIP validation 0.00, if its not there I believe you can go back to big 5 have them add it

steveo007 said:
Almasy said:

first look at you license make shure its not already there, i get mine at big 5 I dont ask for it they give me the HIP ,first its your hunting license 47.01, then upland gamebird validation 9.46, then
the HIP validation 0.00, if its not there I believe you can go back to big 5 have them add it

+1.......Go back, if it's not there.

ilovesprig said:
steveo007 said:
Almasy said:

+1.......Go back, if it's not there.
Almasy,
Take a look at my license ( pic) to see where to look for the HIP validation on your license. Btw, no need to apologize for posting to an old thread. That's why they are there. There is a trove of great information in threads that haven't been read in awhile. Good job searching the archives.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448058292.260440.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448058292.260440.jpg
    327.1 KB · Views: 69
Thanks for those information! I have to go back to Big 5 to get my HIP stamp before I go to IV again next week!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu