GOP platform endorses disposal of public lands

Personally I would not trust anyone who wants to turn over public lands at this time, not to states or anyone else. Where is Teddy Roosevelt when we need him?

Mountain_made said:
"Sniper shooting". Give me a breeeeeak.
Exactly. Interesting choice of words. Reminds me of mainstream media press reports that Cecil the lion was "beheaded" after he was shot.

lmao.

I don't think they understand how hunting works. over population and disruptiveness=death of habitat.

that's why san diego went balls out on the pigs....

Mountain_made said:
He says he is pro-hunting, but I don't think he fully understands what that means. Or, more likely, he's pandering to the ill-informed for votes. In no way can you be pro-hunting and anti-public lands. That's like being pro-car and anti-public roads.

Okay I respect your right to vote for a democrat, but you will not only lose your 2a privileges but you will also continue to steadily lose all of your hunting privileges too. I think our chances are much stronger by working with the GOP than they are with the Democrats. Also it's not about being "ill informed" it's about weighing your options. Hillary who will take my guns, continue to give handouts, not secure our borders vs Trump who will not take my guns, will secure the border (or at least says he will) and who honestly probably has not even paid much attention to the public lands deal as that is not something he is pushing in his platform. I will take my chances on the GOP nominee.

Bonejour said:
Personally I would not trust anyone who wants to turn over public lands at this time, not to states or anyone else. Where is Teddy Roosevelt when we need him?
Don,

I do not trust the state of California for sure.....Again, we haven't lost anything yet.....I'll try to contact Congressman Duncan Hunter (R) and see what he has to say. He is one of the few politicians I trust and that will give me an honest answer.....He'll also fight to keep our public land rights on the federal level.....Senator Joel Anderson (R-38th Dist.) on the state level is our ally as well.

ilovesprig said:
Bonejour said:
Don,

I do not trust the state of California for sure.....Again, we haven't lost anything yet.....I'll try to contact Congressman Duncan Hunter (R) and see what he has to say. He is one of the few politicians I trust and that will give me an honest answer.....He'll also fight to keep our public land rights on the federal level.....Senator Joel Anderson (R-38th Dist.) on the state level is our ally as well.
Steve, you make a great point here. It's extremely important, dare I say more important, to vote smartly in our local and statewide elections. This is where we will see more immediate boots on the ground change and where we can make our voices heard more loudly.

I am going with the Trump family on this one. I do understand the benefit of voting dem on this though. The issue with dems is that they may let you keep the public lands, but they sure as hell will do what they can to make sure you can't hunt them.

I know for a fact Trumps son (s) are die hard hunters and even post on some forums. One if thise being Archery Talk. Oooh yeah, as rich as they are I know for a fact that they are also public land hunters. If you want anyone from the GOP on your side for the public lands debate the Trumps are it. You better believe his kids will be reading the forums and talking to their public land hunter buddies about this issue.

... and the comments about ranchers not liking hunters is ludacris. Ranchers are people. Some are comfortable with "general" access, some prefer a signed form with a trespass fee, and some prefer to let licensed guides deal with it. I live in a state with a lot of public lands and a lot of private lands. Our state makes a ton of money off out of state elk hunters alone to make them think twice about selling public property. Remember the out of state elk hunters also spend money on the economy and generate revenue elsewhere. I live in an area that is mostly private and those large tracts of land are ranches.

Look at the state trust land issue. Some states choose to open all of it to public hunting. Some have decided to keep it open to leases (recreation, ag, etc.). These state trust lands are used to generate revenue. A lot of times that is for the schools. CO is one of the states in which some state trust is public. I think it is roughly 500k out of the 2 mil acres. They want it closer to 1.5 mil open to the public, but CPW must use sportsman dollars to purchase those leases for recreation.

This won't be easy and hopefully may of us can meet in the middle to fight it.

Don,

Here the response I just got.......

August 5, 2016

Dear Steve:

Thank you for contacting me with your thoughts regarding public land management. It's good to hear from you.

As a father of three and as an avid outdoorsman, I understand that our public lands are part of our national heritage, a gift for present and future generations to enjoy. To that end, I believe it is important to preserve these areas for recreational and outdoor activities. While I know how important it is to preserve our natural resources, I do believe that we must be very cautious with any effort to place land use restrictions on public land, as these actions are often irreversible. As the House Committee on Natural Resources addresses public land use issues in the 114th Congress, be assured that I will keep your comments close in mind.

Thank you again for contacting my office. If I can be of any future assistance, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Sincerely,
DHunter_Informal_Sig.GIF

Duncan Hunter
Member of Congress

Please visit my website at http://hunter.house.gov to sign up for my e-newsletter and receive

So... Will does he oppose this plank of the platform? That's how I read it, but he doesn't say it.

Lol I support Duncan hunter but man what a political walking the fence response. He could come back on both sides of the issue and say that is how he responded.
Kudos to you Steve for actually writing in.

ridiculous.

animal pop will go unmanaged, soar outside of available habitat in 5 years, and then they'll be some government led extermination and it will be okay with these idiots.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu