Got it done on her first quail hunt at nearly 3 yrs old.

ohReally

d10c38d72f219ba5e70032735fca1d96.jpg

Got a lab puppy from Craigslist during lock downs with no real intentions of her being a gun dog. After a ton of obedience training, last year I decided she needed an outlet and knew she’d enjoy it so I decided to train her to hunt with me. It’s been an awesome but challenging journey as she has a ton of drive but not a lot willingness to please.

She did amazing on her first hunt with my biggest worry of her being gun-shy even though we worked on it. Can’t wait for her to keep learning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Keep her on birds, even during off season. I have found males are far better at pleasing owner than females. they call them bitches for a reason. My male GSP's lived their lives pleasing me. The females worked for themselves.

Keep her on birds, even during off season. I have found males are far better at pleasing owner than females. they call them bitches for a reason. My male GSP's lived their lives pleasing me. The females worked for themselves.

Yeah she 100% works for herself but does well with commands. Thanks for the tip for off season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh,

That's a great quail hunt...Congrats.......................... :clap:

And when it comes to labs...There ain't anything that they can't do or learn.....................:heart:

Well done with the dog and the quail.

Back