Great 4th of July Week-end...2022

ilovesprig

Staff member
Friday, opening morning was not real good for rabbits, but ground squirrels were everywhere...Only 2 "Butts", but a plethora of ground grizz...I also found out the Gamo .177 isn't nearly as good a pellet gun as my .25 PCP...Which is broke... :confounded:

Saturday, I headed out to the IV with my buddy Mike...The corn fields were gone, but we found a freshly picked mellon field...Game on!...What was even better was, they left the pickers in the field...With it getting on to 107...Shade was required, even early...:sun:

Sunday, I did a drive about looking for poults and fuzzy horned bucks...Found both...Very dry, but some are making it...Saw 2 hens with 12 good sized babies...:blush:

Today, I got up early and headed to my #1 rabbit spot (pellet gun only)...Still using the .177, but decided that it was ear hole or nothing...Flipped 5 in a row...;)

ps...Last pic is last nights dinner...Rabbit with Sportsman's Gourmet Southern Pecan & Honey rub, fresh corn, & smashed spuds...Delish...:yum

.IMG_5785.JPGIMG_5794.JPGIMG_1193.JPGIMG_0499.JPGIMG_1204.JPGIMG_E5798 (1).JPGIMG_5796.JPG

Back