Great Morning at the Wis Today

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
And it was all because of a little duck.....A full blown drake blue-wing teal.....I've shot them in Canada, SoCal, and Mexico, but never one of this quality.....Best part was I didn't even know it was a blue-winger. Just assumed when Trigger went to retrieve it was a cinnamon.....It had fallen behind some brush and I couldn't see it hit the water.....When I went around the brush and sent Trigger out, it was already about 50+ yds swimming away. Sent him after it and about 10 minutes later and I'm sitting on my stool, Trigger comes swimming in with it.....Hell of a retrieve and a hell of a beautiful bird.....Going to the taxi tomorrow..... ;)

Attachments

• 042.JPG
    042.JPG
    943.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 033.JPG
    033.JPG
    603.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 039.JPG
    039.JPG
    552.8 KB · Views: 53
Nice hunt Steve. Where is there a boat dock at The Wis? And great BW Teal, a mounter for sure!

That was at Henshaw......No dock where I was.....lol

Attachments

• 042.JPG
    042.JPG
    943.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 047.JPG
    047.JPG
    914.8 KB · Views: 39
Very nice! Still searching for my first BW. I recognize your face from Wister. Briefly talked to you last Wednesday in the ress line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpoonySmacker said:
Very nice! Still searching for my first BW. I recognize your face from Wister. Briefly talked to you last Wednesday in the ress line.

SS,

Like many, I'm in another world when waiting to get on.....Nice talking to you, I think.... :D

Hold on.... Nice Blue wing and all but is that a lawn dart on your strap!???????? :-\

@ilovesprig,
You'll have to post a pic of the finished product once you receive it.
I was going to ask, which taxidermist do you use?

SpoonySmacker said:
@ilovesprig,
You'll have to post a pic of the finished product once you receive it.
I was going to ask, which taxidermist do you use?

I use Barry Marten in Santee.......Good guy, hunter, and very good Taxi....... ;)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu