Gunwerks G7 BR2

TaftHunter

I hunt a lot
Nov 17, 2012
Taft
Anyone using this rangefinder? I will do a report on it here in about a month. So far it's awesome!
5dafbd92146f1cf5b3c0231aee217cba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice - Look forward to your feedback. Gunwerks changed the laser, updated their software and added the milliradian option which is a big deal. Everything I have read has been very positive post October 2015.

Basically the three players for serious long range are the Gunwerks G7, the Vectronix Terrapin and the Sig Sauer Kilo 2000. I am sure there are some others but those three seem to be the most popular at this point. Sig Sauer already has a second generation Kilo 2000 in the works that will incorporate software. The technology wars have begun!

NBK said:
Nice - Look forward to your feedback. Gunwerks changed the laser, updated their software and added the milliradian option which is a big deal. Everything I have read has been very positive post October 2015.

Basically the three players for serious long range are the Gunwerks G7, the Vectronix Terrapin and the Sig Sauer Kilo 2000. I am sure there are some others but those three seem to be the most popular at this point. Sig Sauer already has a second generation Kilo 2000 in the works that will incorporate software. The technology wars have begun!

Yep. I have the first gen br2. I got a great deal on it, and couldn't pass it up. The 2nd gen didn't give me enough reason to purchase it over the deal I got.

I'm going to load up some rounds and hopefully get out this week to finish up getting it dialed in!

Reactions: Gspman
I have been using myn for some time now... I have been verifying the data vs a ballistics calculator and I'll be honest... Every dope it gives me corresponds with all the enviormentals I have encountered.. I was skeptical at first but I am really learning to trust it. Very happy I bought one.

The original post was from 2/16... was there ever a report from taft?
Chris240- what kind of deviations do you get with it? I use ballistic calculators on the phone and computer and it will get me in the ball park. I would be happy if it was with in 3mils at any range. Of course, as they say, garbage in garbage out. I can only remember one time that I actually hit around the target which caught me by surprise. But if this machine can weed out the trash then I'm interested.

Reactions: Gspman
Well knowing my true muzzle velocity is prob the most important thing i can have. You can always validate if you have a good starting point. I will say I have used these up to 1200 yards at different elevations. I have been off a click here and there but to be honest I don't know if it's from a velocity deviation from my reloads or if my input velocity was off. Overall I am super happy. I hope to try some longer shots up around 10k feet (elevation) to see how it fairs.
What really impressed me is I shoot 2 different bullets out of my 22-250. The BC difference between the two is .020. And inputting that into the br2 it does give an accurate MOA adj for both bullets.

Last edited:
true regarding muzzle velocity. I was using a caldwell chrono which I had to ditch because it would give me questionable readings. I used it for about a year so I gave it a fair chance. I now use the bullet drop way of measuring MV. Shoot at 100 then shoot 500 and measure bullet drop. Plug numbers into a ballistic calculator and it calculates MV. Then I verify it with the next outing.
BR2 if not so expensive I would look into it. If I ever get a job or sponsored shooting my rifles then yes.

The g7 is well worth the money. No having to check any type of weather, elevation, temperature, etc.. You just simply throw your range finder up and boom there's your dope..

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu