Harold and Kumar go to San J

TrapLine

Feb 21, 2019
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
So I was reading the FB waterfowl groups and guys crying the draw system is rigged and that the season is over so I deceided to check my draws and drew a #13 for San Jacinto on the 25th. I was already thinking about hunting hogs till turkey season but back to the wetlands it is.

We will see if @Larry is able to pull through being sick in time. Must of touched something out at the Niland Boat Ramp last time out. At least San J is just a one and half hour drive from the OC, and its a Saturday so will get a day to recoup.

I picked up some 3” #4 shot from turners today along with some other toys. I was using #2 shot last time since I had some rolling around on the floorboards but thinking #4 may be a better fit.

What size shot you guys prefer?

Meh... I've got #BB to use up. Seemed to work on that one at the end of the day! Just gotta remember to grip it right so I don't end up with a f*cked-up knuckle again.

I'll try to conserve the industrial strength cough syrup so I can have some for out there. My lungs are caked with lung-butter in the bronchial tubes at the moment. It freaking sucks because whenever it happens that it gets into there, for some reason it takes forever and a day to get back out. :(

P.S. - Guess that makes me Kumar, huh? Hehe.

P.S.S. - RE: Getting sick - Naw it was a social event at a friends house where this friend we know showed up and sat next to me and she had this cold bug in her already and didn't have the sense to stay at home. Meh, friends, what are ya gonna do, ya know?

Last edited:
Now who came up with Harold and Kumar? I wanna party with that guy!

Reactions: TRICER
I have a Cannon T3, the thing is supposed to shoot HD video, will have to get the kids to teach me how to use it, but will tripod it with a remote and hopefully get some video this time.

Those below water walkways, can you cross in muck boots or going to need waders? May have to stick to the above ground blinds or carry Larry across.

Eating ducks last night it was fun spitting pellets and seeing if it was my #2 or the boys #4. Surprisingly they hit more than I thought.

if by down south you mean plaster city.. then yes we do

Reactions: TRICER
If we had sch t-shirts we would give you one for a limit of coots

You guys get that limit of coots and i'll make you guys a SCH shirt each free of charge and shipped out... if approved by site management of course.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu