Heading out in the morning....

Vermonster

Dec 14, 2012
Still trying for my first ever turkey, so I'll be headed up towards Boulder Creek/Eagle Peak tomorrow. Hope to bump into a few of you if you're out there. Good luck if

Reactions: Bugsy71
I was gonna go turkey hunting since I spent opening weekend in the ER... but couldn't turn down a yellowtail and bottom fishing opportunity. Who knows maybe I'll still make an evening hunting trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck Sean......Jakes roaming around pretty good......Although, I think they're getting weary of all the yelping they're heard for the last week......;)

Thanks Steve. Hopefully I can find something. Bringing the kiddo with me, and he promised I could have first shot....... Don't know if I should be happy, or sad about that......:(

Good luck I'll be at Love Valley if anyone wants to join

My 2 cents. When posting about going hunting say "I am going to the hills tomorrow". People are trolls and will search this site for info like "love valley" and "boulder creek". It's not a big deal anyone who knows SD knows those areas but get in the habit of not posting names.

I am hunting a unit in AZ for elk you have no idea how much info I have been able to troll off of forums.

My 2 cents. When posting about going hunting say "I am going to the hills tomorrow". People are trolls and will search this site for info like "love valley" and "boulder creek". It's not a big deal anyone who knows SD knows those areas but get in the habit of not posting names.

I am hunting a unit in AZ for elk you have no idea how much info I have been able to troll off of forums.
Agree it's a good idea to keep it clandestine. As for AZ you can find out pretty much everything you need on Facebook or Forums. I think people are a bit more looselipped here because we don't have 1/10 the access issues (for the most part) that there are in California. I think Arizona its all about who can get furthest from the road.

Yeah......Getting from the road for turkeys doesn't seem to be a prerequisite.....Poachers have shot right next to a friends house. Then twice they're shot from the road on MCC property......Poachers Suck!

One flock of birds near Mesa Grande had 13 jakes in it......This morning it had 5......The owner does not allow hunting.....I know of at least 8 shots fired here!......He told me that the shells were still in the highway.

Also, talked to George the warden in Julian/Pine Hills area today......Very busy season so far......Just a luck factor catching anyone.

Reactions: TRICER
Can someone share the info for who to call if we come across poachers?

Well, saw a decent amount of birds, all on private land..... ;) Saw one place with deer and turkeys in the field. 3 Jakes, and then a huge gobbler that my son even called back and forth with for 10 minutes. He must have gobbled back 20 times, my boy was laughing. All puffed up and strutting. My son was just using his voice, no call of any kind. He said he sounded like a really sick turkey.....

Didn't see as many people as I thought I would. Maybe 10 hunters or so. I remember deer opener a couple years back, just one road I saw 16 cars..... :(

Fun day anyway, will try a different place later.......

We saw a decent amount and on private too! Had a few toms answer us throughout the day but would not come and check out our sweet decoy set up. Saw two deer and overall had a good hike! I am ready for the next hunt I am not sure if I am just to stupid to give it up or to persistent to quit. Maybe after the next 6 mile hike I will figure that out!

all over laguna this morning, not a single Gobble responding to our calls only one lone hen responded, came in quick to kick our ass or something, then busted us at ten yards never seen a turkey run so fast, man they are athletes.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu