Heading out

Imagine the horror today hunting the bay with all the libs posting social media of some radical right winger hunting wild game off the beach today

Theres been a couple scoters shot at San J and Wister, but you probably have a better chance of shooting a banded duck than a scoter!

Reactions: ilovesprig
Got in from two day trip last night about 9:00. After waiting for fish and driving home I didn't pull up in front to house until midnight, whooped. We had a real nice trip catching both yellowtail blue fin tuna. YT all in the 25-35 range which were all caught on Cortez bank. I got two. Blue fin were all caught on tanner bank, all except one were in the 35-60 pound range My friend Wilson got the biggest by far, about 140 pound BFT. It took him right at 1.5 hours to get it on deck. Mine was in the 40 pound class. The final count was 37 YT and 32 BFT. The Fortune has a new owner and crew as of last week. I really like the old guys but I was impressed with all the new guys . Very friendly, helpful and showed lots of skill. When the boat comes back up north it will be docked at King Harbor Redondo Beach, rather than 22nd St. San Pedro. Skipper told me he is going to give the boat a complete do over, bunk room, galley, bait tank the whole works. It needs it. Now time to process fish.Resized_20210910_111446(1).jpegResized_20210909_173910.jpeg

I had my ass handed to me, fighting fish getting in to dock 2 hrs late because we had to wait for the guys hooked up to deck their fish. Skipper told everyone not hooked up to wind in and no more baiting up. Then driving home, up 6 AM to process catch, took a few breaks and finished with all I'm doing. at noon. Rang the come and it get it bell to all the neighbors. Just like vultures they came flying over. Stick a fork in me I'm done. o_O

Awesome trip!! Not going to make it out this year...wife is already giving me a hard time about being gone for a week for my up coming elk hunt. She is acting like being home with a new born and two toddlers is hard or something...God I have an amazing wife. I think if she didn't like elk meat she would have left by now.

Awesome trip!! Not going to make it out this year...wife is already giving me a hard time about being gone for a week for my up coming elk hunt. She is acting like being home with a new born and two toddlers is hard or something...God I have an amazing wife. I think if she didn't like elk meat she would have left by now.
Wife want's to know when I'm going out hunting, fishing, target practicing, camping, or just anything. Am I missing something.

I showed my son your fish and he is mad at me not catching one. He always reminds me that BF is his favorite food.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu