Hello Everyone!

Chemtrailbrewing

Mar 7, 2017
Whittier, Ca
Hi everyone, Noob here from Whittier, Ca. Just started getting interested in hunting and joined to learn about this incredible sport. I am looking forward to obtaining a great deal of knowledge, and hopefully some friends, on this forum!

Cool. It's offseason for deer now, so I would get acquainted with public land maps and look into getting a shotgun for small game and birds, which there's plenty of opportunities for around here.

Cool. It's offseason for deer now, so I would get acquainted with public land maps and look into getting a shotgun for small game and birds, which there's plenty of opportunities for around here.
Sounds like a plan....I have a quick question. When hunting on public land, are there parking lots that are available on the maps, or do most people just park off the road somewhere? Just trying to wrap my head around the process of actually planning a trip....thanks for the help!

Most of the time no, unless you're parking at a well marked trailhead or campground, in which case it's not likely a decent spot if it's a popular hiking/camping area. Usually you're parking on the side of a road somewhere and hiking in.

Ctb,

Welcome to SCH.....This time of year is a great time to check out deer spots.....Things are green, water plentiful, weather is cooler, tracks & sign are easier to see, and the woods/mountains/deserts are less crowded (turkey areas excepted)......And speaking of turkeys.....You can actually kill two birds with one stone.....Hunt for turkeys and you're in deer country as well.

Like others have mentioned.....Pick yourself up a shotgun.....It doesn't need to be expensive, but does need to hold multiple shells (pump guns are ideal).....Shotgunning really does open more doors to the world of hunting.

Ctb,

Welcome to SCH.....This time of year is a great time to check out deer spots.....Things are green, water plentiful, weather is cooler, tracks & sign are easier to see, and the woods/mountains/deserts are less crowded (turkey areas excepted)......And speaking of turkeys.....You can actually kill two birds with one stone.....Hunt for turkeys and you're in deer country as well.

Like others have mentioned.....Pick yourself up a shotgun.....It doesn't need to be expensive, but does need to hold multiple shells (pump guns are ideal).....Shotgunning really does open more doors to the world of hunting.
Thanks for the advice... I will have to take a drive up to the woods and start exploring

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Would have to taste it first before making any deals unless you work for whirlewind props then you get in

Reactions: Chemtrailbrewing

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu