Her first mammal hunt

Ofdscooby

Oct 28, 2018
My daughter decided she wanted to give the rifle a try this year. We swung for the fences in CA and she got a J-10 tag. We were excited based on the fact this is a rut hunt. However CA slid the date’s forward a week and I don’t think it hit yet. We hunted hard and I was in heaven just to be able to hang a couple days with my baby girl who isn’t a baby anymore. The glassing was heavenly with game and wildlife everywhere you looked just no bucks. We ended up getting a nice hog (gross) and took a last minute doe for some meat. IMG_7746.jpegIMG_7728.jpegIMG_7723.jpegIMG_7710.jpegIMG_7703.jpegIMG_7726.jpegIMG_7755.jpeg

Nothing like spending time with the young ones. Congratulations. Pigs are gross.

Outstanding!!! And yep ..the rut was in full swing last week of September..then the heat wave set in...the deer with horns are sleeping all day...gonna be sloppy seconds and thirds from this point on..and way to grease that hog...man they sure are ugly !

Reactions: Ofdscooby

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu