High Country Excalibur

Chris K

Jul 21, 2015
Imperial Valley
I just got a old but good looking high country Excalibur but its draw weight is super heavy and its missing a lot and I need a new string anything you guys can tell me about it?

Attachments

• IMG_0331.JPG
    IMG_0331.JPG
    656.2 KB · Views: 21
take it to a shop and get them to look at it first before you shoot it. might be hard to get the draw length set right, i think that cam had modules for length. the bushings might be messed up as well.

Aeon said:
take it to a shop and get them to look at it first before you shoot it. might be hard to get the draw length set right, i think that cam had modules for length. the bushings might be messed up as well.
the draw length is about 30" which is perfect for me it just the weight is a bit much

Not to be a dick but go to a shop and get a newer bow look at the used ones if they have any or try the elite line easy to shoot and not too expensive. Plus you need to get fitted for the compound it's very different than trad.....you want your knuckle behind you jaw line so you have the same anchor point every time if you are going to use a release.

Are you going instinctive or sights?

That bow will be hard to shoot especially if it's too much draw weight and its age.

MJB said:
Not to be a dick but go to a shop and get a newer bow look at the used ones if they have any or try the elite line easy to shoot and not too expensive. Plus you need to get fitted for the compound it's very different than trad.....you want your knuckle behind you jaw line so you have the same anchor point every time if you are going to use a release.

Are you going instinctive or sights?

That bow will be hard to shoot especially if it's too much draw weight and its age.
I know I have the anchor behind my jaw line and I most likely will go with sights

Geeze Mark,

Give the kid a break....He's 14....Bows are pretty darn expensive, if you ask me (even used)..... ???

ps.....You got any extras laying around?..... ;)

I said I didn't want to be a you know......just trying to be real with the info given......I'm mentoring a 14 year old so know I know he can't work and earning money is tuff can't mow yards with all the gardeners around.

So now that Steve made me feel bad it's your lucky day I have a Winchester 1300 20ga pump youth I can lend you for the first dove season........no bows except maybe a PSE Nova that's most likely worse/older than your bow but it's 50# and 30" draw that your welcome to try w/sights and quiver.

Let me know

Mark,

It's all good buddy...Kind offer.... 8)

I have a youth model Mossy 500, you're welcome too as well.....I'll also check with some of the boys that may have out grown some of their stuff.

Chris, I stopped by the Bow & Arrow shop and got the bow down to 46lbs pull. So let me know and let's see if you can pull it back

MJB said:
Chris, I stopped by the Bow & Arrow shop and got the bow down to 46lbs pull. So let me know and let's see if you can pull it back

Mark,

Nice talking to you and kind gesture getting the bow dialed in for him.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu