High Desert Lurkmaster

fraginator

Nov 20, 2013
Oak Hills
Hi SCH people! I've been lurking around this forum for close to 2 1/2 years while trying to figure things out. I haven't posted until now because quite frankly, there isn't a question I've had that hasn't already been answered here. No one in my immediate or extended family hunts, nor do any of my friends. I had never even thought about hunting until my son told me he was interested. So my sincere thanks everyone here for sharing your experience and knowledge, it has been an invaluable tool and I am grateful for what I've learned here.

I feel like I've managed to scrape together enough knowledge about the species I intend to hunt, figure out what opportunities are available, and put together enough gear that I might have a chance. So the only thing left to do now is get out there and try...

welcome to the SCH forum Fraginator. Glad you have decided to make the community forum plunge. Tell us where you are at with the animals you plan to hunt etc.

Nice to see another high desert member on the board welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome. Lots of very experienced hunters on this forum. I've learned a lot and I'm sure you will too. What are you planning on hunting with your son?

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. For spring we're going after pig in central California. Summer we'll head to Texas for more pigs and later we'll do cottontail locally. Mule deer in the fall, not sure what tags we're going to try for yet. Were also going to dream big and put in for some AZ unit 33 Coues deer although I really don't have high hopes on that one. There are more on the list, but I figure I've got plenty to keep me busy for now. We'll see what we have the most fun doing and go from there.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu