Houston, we have a problem

Ocurtis

Dec 28, 2016
San Diego
Anyone have a mini x and a skid steer laying around?! Lol

dd54afc102104c0504d39f1fe28588c9.jpg
489eb9f95212c11187ec4bfe596c357a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bummer man, this rain will thrash asphalt.

Proper asphalt maintenance would have prevented that issue.

Where are you located ?

Bummer man, this rain will thrash asphalt.

Proper asphalt maintenance would have prevented that issue.

Where are you located ?

Problem is my whole property gently slopes towards that retaining wall. There was an issue in the front we fixed this last year, and now all the water is going here. It’s worse than the first problem!

I’ll get it fixed but need a mini x a skid steer and elbow grease

Reactions: stikbrandon
You can still sealcoat it couple times a year. It will allow it to hold up to weather.

In the pictures it just looks like super hammered asphalt.

Iv sealed asphalt grindings many times and it turns out pretty dang nice.

If you need some pointers or need to barrow some seal coating equipment let me know.

I can swing by and take a look if you want a second opinion, been in the paving industry for 10 hrs. And I work in Escondido. Just let me kbiw

Reactions: Ocurtis
That sucks man. I am not in the paving business but if you need a hand let me know. I am in San Marcos.

Reactions: Ocurtis
Thanks guys!

Sitka, I think we created this problem when landscaping last year. There used to be old broken pavement tht we assumed was worthless and doing nothing. In the front it was sink holing.

We tore it out, fixed the front (laid asphalt fabric to hold it together.) I’m back, just put in recycled asphalt (what you see.)

At this point the wall has moved about 4-6”. I’m going to evaluate in the morning, but I think I need to scrape the recycled asphalt (basically gravel) and dig the dirt away from wall. Install some tie backs and pull the wall back, the compact layer by layer with asphalt fabric.

Thoughts?

Tough call man. You may be better off demoing the intifada wall and starting from scratch, once that footing in the wall moved, your fighting an up hill battle.

Dig it out and see what you got.

Dude , be safe, wall fell on some guys with the same problem. Once the foundation get compromise it gets dangerous. I agree with stik. From the info given bad base and foundation.
Start over. Probably best.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu