Hump Day.......Browning Style

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Tyler and I hit the IV this morning......Didn't expect much, since it's gotten slower & slower with the melon, wheat, & corn fields replanted and irrigated.....Well, apparently there's still enough seeds in the fields to have them still coming in.....1st spot was OK.....2nd spot (water) was better.

Shot my dads old Humpy Browning A-5 that was given to him in 1966.....It was a gift from the Compton Hunting & Fishing for being the president that year.....50 years later, this little beauty still shoots lights out....;)

ps.....Another little story about this gun....After my dad received the gun, we went chukar hunting.....I didn't get any birds in the morning, but in the afternoon, I heard them calling up the canyon. So, I picked up the brand new shotgun and headed up.....A bunch of shots later, I had my 1st limit of wild chukar.....I was very excited and had a feeling of great accomplishment.....My elation would end quickly after I slipped and went endow down the mountain as I was heading back. My dads brand new Browning A-5 went flying down into the jagged rocks.....When I got to the gun, I could've cried.....Scratches, dings, and dents were embedded in the beautiful little 20.....:weary_face:.....When I finally got back to camp, I told my dad.....All he said was.....Well, now it's true chukar gun.....:laughing:

.007.JPG 010.JPG

Those auto 5 are great guns. I shot a lot of my first limits with an old A-5. Great story I hope my kids have a lot of the same someday.

Seems like you had a lot of fun, and got a lot of good meat I manage about only maybe 12 or 16 per trip can't do much with a single shot pellet gun. I'm pretty glad I moved out to El Centro there's so many birds here. Oh and gorgeous dog by the way, I'm currently begging my mom for a lab lol.

New spot today.....Not too many, but enough for a pretty good shoot.....Lots of mallards flying around too....:yum

.001.JPG 003.JPG 005.JPG

Trigger looks super happy! Glad you and Tyler made it out. Save some of that meat!:)

Old millers garage eh!! It would be super convenient if that place produced birds. I do have a random abandoned garage building in the middle of nowhere by the salton sea that is full of pidgeons fun shoot for sure reminds me of that garage.
I bet those hippie windmills take out their fair share of birds.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu