Hunting arizona

Gspman

Dec 2, 2014
North LA county
hey all. I've taken many guys and gals as well as kids under my wing for upland hunting. I've put my dog in front of many kids and new hunters and been willing to guide and help any one that seams to first help them selves. On the other side of things I've gotten a lot of help especially this year about duck hunting as this has been our first year refuge hunting. And I'm grateful for all the experiences.

My wife was told about a woman's only javelins hunt in Arizona and now I see gteam getting it done in Arizona and I'm left wondering am I missing out? I have zero idea where to start. I've looked over the Arizona fish and game web site but since I've never been and don't have money or time to scout for weeks on end is it even something I should try? Is anyone willing to share privately a starting point? Like legal huntable land in western Arizona? A campground we can start at? I've keep reading how all the hunting is better there.

Thanks for any help any one is willing to give.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
IMG_0352.JPG Here is a picture of the 16a map I got to prepare for my January Archery Javelina. It is 48x48 and completely waterproof they make the nicest maps I have owned. I actually hang them in the garage as decorations and a reminder to get back out. The maps show watering holes and the guides give you lon and lat points for a ton of water. I also use ONX maps over there.

Wow that's a lot of info on a map. I'll start really getting into my research. I'd like to start hunting quail and medium/large game. From what I've heard it's a better place to hunt by a long shot.

Yes not uncommon for us to get 20 quail a day out there with a few guys. Best day we got 45 quail. A lot more open country I typically cover ground in a vehicle until I find a covey. I also have a few spots that seem to always hold birds.

Great thread started here. I too would like to hunt AZ in the near future. Looking there or CO to maybe get my feet wet with a Coe elk hunt, or smaller game like coues of javelina. Nice map, have to check that one out.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu