Hunting packs

CV-Young buck

Nov 30, 2013
Chula Vista ca
I am trying to get a trip in next year to do some backpack deer hunting. I'm wondering what any of you guys would recommend as a good pack? Should I go external or internal? And how big of a pack for about 5 days?

Kifaru or Mystery Ranch packs both go big and also pack small. Both can hold 100lbs. and Great quality.....pay once cry once

I have the Eberlestock blue widow and absolutely love it. Very versatile, goes from 2200ci to over 7000! (With spendy attachments of course) like MJB said cry once. It's better to cry at home then in the mountain anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drewski2324 said:
I have the Eberlestock blue widow and absolutely love it. Very versatile, goes from 2200ci to over 7000! (With spendy attachments of course) like MJB said cry once. It's better to cry at home then in the mountain anyway.

They make great gear. I bought the H2 Gunrunner for daypack ing. Love it so much, I dropped it out of the Polaris and we ran over it :-/
But it held up fine :)

Bonejour said:
Drewski2324 said:

They make great gear. I bought the H2 Gunrunner for daypack ing. Love it so much, I dropped it out of the Polaris and we ran over it :-/
But it held up fine :)

I totally agree. I was a little bummed to learn not all of their packs are made in Idaho anymore but they are made incredibly well.

After a debate between the Outdoorsman Optics Hunter and the Kuiu Icon Pro 7200...

I figured at that point it was preference, I couldn't go wrong with either one.

I am patiently waiting for Kuiu to get the SM-M belt back in stock so they can take my money.

ThatKidCASH said:
After a debate between the Outdoorsman Optics Hunter and the Kuiu Icon Pro 7200...

I figured at that point it was preference, I couldn't go wrong with either one.

I am patiently waiting for Kuiu to get the SM-M belt back in stock so they can take my money.
I'm looking forward to hear how you like it in the field.

So... My Kuiu Icon Pro is finally out for delivery (Ordered late Nov). Got the 1850 for scouting, light day trips and am planning on ordering the 7200 bag once my tax return gets in.
;D

Have the 1850 Icon pro. Used it this year on an elk hunt and could not be happier! Great for all day hunting and its ability to pull out large loads of game is amazing. I saw Lungpopper carry almost a half elk off the mountain with his.

Good stuff...

NBK said:
Have the 1850 Icon pro. Used this year on an elk hunt and could not be happier! Great for all day hunting and its ability to pull out large loads of game is amazing. I saw Lungpopper carry almost a half elk off the mountain with his.

Good stuff...
I was wondering about that. The pics looked like you bought the pack for Darryl so he could carry your elk. Smart move!
;D

Table top impression...

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Got it fitted as best as I could with a 30# weighted vest inside of it.
I can't wait to get out and put it to work.

Those who have it, how does it hold up in the rain? Is it worth it to buy the rain cover, or is it fairly waterproof?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu