Hunting Rifle Bipod

That's what I was wondering ...
So basically the RS legs are a complement for the Spartan, but the GOT-II and III can be used as stand alone at aching them to a picatini rail. What extra part would I need?
If you were going to attach the II or III to your rifle you would need to get a 1/4-20 or 3/8-16 adapter or a pan head adapter. The GTPII and III are the same as any tripod you would use for glassing. Lots of different options. I don’t use the ll or lll for my rifles I use them for glassing. No reason you couldn’t though.

for me the spartan cannot be best for simplicity and speed for attaching to my gun. If I need it I pull it out and slap it on my gun. It’s really that quick.

Reactions: Dawnandusk
Just placed my order for the GTP-RS, looking forward to testing it out in field positions.

Reactions: TRICER
Something I was wondering about this morning while I was re-listening to the Ridge2Ridge podcast, do you know of a way to glass using the Spartan bipod? An adapter or something like that?

I've been thinking about the same thing. Basically you would need an adapter with a 3/8" screw head to attach the outdoorsman head directly to the spartan bipod.

I was thinking about buying a steel 3/8" screw with the standard thread of the head attachment would work. Just not sure about stability.

Last edited:
Spartan makes a variety of adapters for their bipod. Looks like you can mount about anything you want to the spartan. https://javelinbipod.com/collections/adapters

Sweet. Exactly what i was thinking of...

Sweet. Exactly what i was thinking of...

According to the description, it only works with their tripods. I emailed Max at Spartan to see if either optics mount will work with the Javelin Lite I ordered.

If not, we may have another product for @Truduct to create, an optics adapter for the Javelin bipod.

It also appears that the
According to the description, it only works with their tripods. I emailed Max at Spartan to see if either optics mount will work with the Javelin Lite I ordered.

If not, we may have another product for @Truduct to create, an optics adapter for the Javelin bipod.

It says because only "their tripod" have a magnetic head (aka see Sentinel). Magnets are magnets so the javalin would work, my issue is that I really prefer to not "touch" my glass and prefer a tripod. Ideally it would be something like a sentinel with 3 GTP-RS legs.

All I can say is keep it simple. To many adapters etc can become a pain. I love the outdoorsman micro pan or even their pistol grip on top of a GTP-ll or lll. Also don’t rule out the ll for 12x and down Binos. It will slow you down, it’s way better than off hand, and only weighs 5.5oz.

This is not a sales pitch but I created each product with a unique purpose. I appreciate the new ways people have been using my stuff even after a week. I am learning new uses for things that I never even considered.

I'm starting to think I should have gone with a GTP II or III. I already have an Outdoorsmans pan head and the rifle and binocular holders. Hmmnnn.

I'm starting to think I should have gone with a GTP II or III. I already have an Outdoorsmans pan head and the rifle and binocular holders. Hmmnnn.
I think you made the right choice. The II and III can be used for a gun or crossbow but the Spartan is by far the easiest and best solution for hunting and making the shot. You made a good choice. I honestly will always have the spartan as well as a II or III in my pack I will not be using the II or III for shooting even though it can be done and it is being done. I just like the ease of use with the spartan.

Have used a harris since i was a little hatchet....now that im old and dont really hunt anymore..im finding myself tinkering with new stuff..this set up looks sweet...and yes simplicity is a must...ive had dudes over think there water bottle only to miss there opp at the Ca forky....true event..Im endorsing Tricer.

I think you made the right choice. The II and III can be used for a gun or crossbow but the Spartan is by far the easiest and best solution for hunting and making the shot. You made a good choice. I honestly will always have the spartan as well as a II or III in my pack I will not be using the II or III for shooting even though it can be done and it is being done. I just like the ease of use with the spartan.
Ah, that makes sense. So have the Spartan with the GTP-RS for the crossbow and use a GTP-II for glassing. Guess I'll be getting a GTP-II next month....

Reactions: TRICER
Only if I would have gotten a heads up to buy the javelin lite instead of the pro hunt back in March!!!

If anyone is looking for a javalin pro hunt, I would sell mine for $200
@JakeSCH thanks for the order I am glad you are liking the RS legs. How do like looking through the scope when it’s on the trekking poles VS balancing on traditional shooting sticks?

Reactions: JakeSCH

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu