Hunting season cancelled on Camp Pendleton

msailor

Jan 30, 2014
San Diego
Just wanted to pass this on so you don’t wait on the G10 tag.

Here is an update from the 14 June Pendleton Sportsman's Club Meeting. Hunting aboard CPen is temporarily suspended due to an acute shortage of Conservation Law Enforcement Officers. There is also a new software solution for managing the hunting program to be deployed and replace iSportsman. The deer hunting season this year has therefore been cancelled. New hires are underway and the goal is to resume the program in time for waterfowl season. Stay tuned for details and feel free to submit feedback via ICE (https://ice.disa.mil/) or the Pendleton Sportsman's Club.

Terrible news. I saw rumors floating around, sounds like we have an answer.

It ain't that hard. I don't pretend to know anything about Pendelton's law enforcement structure but it seems to me they could take a few of their regular MPs and give them a few days' training, maybe just specifically for deer since they allegedly think they'll have the necessary people in place by waterfowl season, and still have their hunting program. I'm just a little suspicious this wasn't done for political reasons.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu