Hunting the rain...

180ls1

Nov 2, 2020
Poway
What has your experience been hunting in or around the rain? I know following the rain can be an excellent time to hunt but I don't know a whole lot more than that. If it's a light rain or on and off do you hunt the middle of the day harder or find the deer do something different?

Reactions: Dawnandusk
What has your experience been hunting in or around the rain? I know following the rain can be an excellent time to hunt but I don't know a whole lot more than that. If it's a light rain or on and off do you hunt the middle of the day harder or find the deer do something different?

Adam,

Our local deer love the rain and rainy days...It only rained once during last years D-12 rifle season...Some good bucks met their maker that day.

Reactions: sportyg and 180ls1
Adam,

Our local deer love the rain and rainy days...It only rained once during last years D-12 rifle season...Some good bucks met their maker that day.
Good to know! Does your strategy change at all or pretty much stay the same?

Funny you say that. I just got a call from my buddy... he just got his stolen off his truck last night.

I didn't know that was a thing. Unbelievable.
anything for meth I'm guessin...

First time in this spot not seeing a single deer in at least 10 trips. Dry is an understatement. Hopefully we get more rain. I am guessing they moved closer to water? Anyone Know how soon they will move back? Assuming there is water again.
C958E754-AFE1-48AD-8DD3-4CCEEDF6887B.jpeg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu