Hunting Washington State

longbowhunter2

has anyone hunted Washington state in the last few years. or recently.
I would like to take a trip there , I have not been there in many many years.

Question, how the hunting and Hunting Laws. Tags and any information would be helpful.
And yes I need to do some researcher , but I like actual people reviews and suggestions.

Thank You

Ghost

I know someone on this forum is living their now but he doesn't come on the forum much anymore

Lee,

I hunted there a couple of years back.......Elk & deer.......What are you looking to hunt?......We hunted out side (North) of Spokane.......Tough elk hunting and I passed on a very small white-tail on public land......We were ripped off by an outfitter/guide......His service was a total scam......I was invited when someone else bailed out. When I tried to ask questions I was given very vague answers. I was leery from the get go and it proved out.......A few pix of our area.

Attachments

• washington elk hunt 2011 029.JPG
    washington elk hunt 2011 029.JPG
    702.8 KB · Views: 38
  • washington elk hunt lllll 2011 020.JPG
    washington elk hunt lllll 2011 020.JPG
    582.5 KB · Views: 33
  • washington elk hunt lllll 2011 013.JPG
    washington elk hunt lllll 2011 013.JPG
    484.2 KB · Views: 28
  • washington elk hunt lll 2011 034.JPG
    washington elk hunt lll 2011 034.JPG
    975.1 KB · Views: 30
  • washington  elk 2011 ll 028.JPG
    washington elk 2011 ll 028.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
  • washington  elk 2011 ll 025.JPG
    washington elk 2011 ll 025.JPG
    583.6 KB · Views: 28
  • washington  elk 2011 ll 022.JPG
    washington elk 2011 ll 022.JPG
    973 KB · Views: 27
  • washington  elk 2011 ll 020.JPG
    washington elk 2011 ll 020.JPG
    403.7 KB · Views: 47
  • washington  elk 2011 ll 003.JPG
    washington elk 2011 ll 003.JPG
    530.5 KB · Views: 45
  • washington elk hunt 2011 026.JPG
    washington elk hunt 2011 026.JPG
    805.6 KB · Views: 30
  • washington elk hunt 2011 023.JPG
    washington elk hunt 2011 023.JPG
    976.6 KB · Views: 28
You may have been ripped off by the outfitter. But finding that $20.00 dollar bill must have felt pretty good. :D

Attachments

• washington  elk 2011 ll 028.JPG
    washington elk 2011 ll 028.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 39
funny the last time I hunted there I was with my older brother fishing for trout, & bear hunting. we did great with the trout fishing but no luck with filling the bear tag. but during the couple of days hunting I walked into a heard of Elk , I was lucky I was not stomped on. so there I was, with no elk tag. :-[

Ghost said:
funny the last time I hunted there I was with my older brother fishing for trout, & bear hunting. we did great with the trout fishing but no luck with filling the bear tag. but during the couple of days hunting I walked into a heard of Elk , I was lucking I was not stomped on. there I was, with no elk tag. :-[
Haha that was totally predictable.

Sprig
I will be deer hunting, I need to check on the tag situation. Public land hunt.

Don

Is that the way it works hahahaha

Ghost

Im the one D16 mentioned- moved here last may. I live in Spokane where Sprig hunted. Not a ton of public land out this way, but i had a pretty decent year. You bow hunting or rifle??

Spokane just doesn't have the best public land compared to other areas across the state, don't know what your trying to hunt- blacktail, whitetail, or mule deer cause that will dictate which part of the state you want to hunt. Im thinking about hunting around Chelan which has some biggg muleys this year if i can get the time. otherwise ill just do private property down the street from my place to fill the freezer.

last time I was there we where near Seattle. & the was lots open land then. and lots of game.
The species of deer depends on which is most numerous.
I will decide which forest I want to try. based on reading I will do.
and suggestions I get. I will probably try rifle instead of bow.

Ghost

Hey dude,
I just moved here from Seattle two weeks ago and would be happy to help you out with some westside Wa hunting if you still need some help.. I archery hunted for deer and elk there for the last 10 hrs or so.. Eastside of the state is so so different from the west.. Feel free to PM me or just reply here and I'll help where I can.. Are you just deer hunting or elk/bear/cougar as well?

ilovesprig said:
Lee,

I hunted there a couple of years back.......Elk & deer.......What are you looking to hunt?......We hunted out side (North) of Spokane.......Tough elk hunting and I passed on a very small white-tail on public land......We were ripped off by an outfitter/guide......His service was a total scam......I was invited when someone else bailed out. When I tried to ask questions I was given very vague answers. I was leery from the get go and it proved out.......A few pix of our area.

Sprig

just wanted to say that is the washinton state, I remember. :)

Back