Hunting with LRC Rifles

I say to each his own. I prefer to carry lighter rifles. If you are hunting @HATCHET1 style or doing a short hunt or you are 20 years old, a heavier rifle is fine. Longer hunts in rugged terrain and being beyond the youth age, lighter rifles add value.

Heavier rifles are more accurate is a myth. Certainly they can be held more steady, but more accurate, nope...

Most folks don't shoot off hand so today's rifles are generally set up to be shot off of some sort of rest, bi-pod etc.

Back to "to each their own".
Ahh...could be a myth to Hatchet1s style of hunting...id venture to guess that outta the copious amount of mammals that die a year..3 or 4 are killed with the Remington sendero(heavy as fck)..the rest are with the Weatherby Backcountry (light as a feather)..that being said..I do have 3 pack mules with extremely strong backs..and weak minds..so weight is not an issue.. ever...if I had one and one only for life..it would be the Backcountry..it just does it all..but in reality..the glass will make or break you..they all go boom...make it count.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu