I can only say wow

Great info Steve. I did see a young male last year on the north side of Camp Pendleton. Thought I was seeing things until my hunting buddy saw him again a little latter in the day. He did not want anything to do with us and I only saw a him for a few seconds as he was moving at good pace about 100yds away from us. I will continue to keep any eye out as I am going bow hunting on the base this fall. The info here has helped me to be more aware of where and how I will set up so I will not be a kitty's lunch. Thanks!

I remember the incident and read Ed Z's articles at the time (just read it again). It is a shame that it turned out the way it did. The reasoning behind the kill seemed in line. The law keeping the animals protected is not scientific and out of line. Unfortunately DFG is aggressive and assumes guilt out of the gate. And we lost another hunter to help the cause.

Pretty much par for the course...

Me and josh had one ears pin back at 11yards last year we had a lot of firepower pointed at her but she bailed and is alive.

Read this one from last year
http://southerncaliforniahunting.com/huntersforum/index.php/topic,4570.0.html

It's probably good that you've documented this because if you ever do need to put one down, there is a record of it and you have at least one witness of how you have tried to handle it.

Sent via Tapatalk

in my eyes, if its going to attack, KILL IT, and walk away and keep it to yourseld. DFG wardens are really a bunch of morrons these days.

Thought I'd just add to this thread........Got a call from one of my property owners saying there was a big cat outside her window this morning........So I drove up.......Stayed till dark, but didn't see it. None on my trail cams either on this property.......But a nearby cam had this guy or girl.......Probably the same cats I got last year at this same time......Lots of deer, lots of big cats...... :eek:

Attachments

• PRMS2791.jpg
    PRMS2791.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 51

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu