IC chokes

hikingwithguns

Jan 18, 2019
I know the majority use modified chokes for ducks, does anyone use IC? I have always used modified or full but going to try the IC choke and see how it goes. I imagine the success depends on the range of the shot but with the majority of the shots at teal buzzing by real close, it might be a better option. just wondering how many actually have success with the IC choke. thanks

You might get a few more hits on close targets. If Teal are the trouble switch to ic with #4 shot. I'd rather hit hard or miss so mod #3 it is. The few misses I get up close and fast are offset by the hammers on ducks that try to land just outside the spread

20230107_143503.jpg

Reactions: ilovesprig
You might get a few more hits on close targets. If Teal are the trouble switch to ic with #4 shot. I'd rather hit hard or miss so mod #3 it is. The few misses I get up close and fast are offset by the hammers on ducks that try to land just outside the spread

View attachment 57346
You shoot ducks outside the spread?

• Haha
Reactions: ilovesprig
this year yes... desperate times i tell ya

Reactions: NBK

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu