ID please

You all may be right about pig, but I have seen deer clustered poop like that before here in Julian....I always thought it could be a buck....Here's a pic of some off the web.

.deer scat.png

You all may be right about pig, but I have seen deer clustered poop like that before here in Julian....I always thought it could be a buck....Here's a pic of some off the web.

I agree, I have seen deer / elk scat with all the pellets clumped together that looks like the picture shown above. I would say that if there are no known feral hogs in the area you are scouting (or if there are no known recordings of it) then it is most likely a deer.

http://icwdm.org/Inspection/BlackBrownDroppings.aspx

Reactions: Goyaałé
zrJjKgj.jpg

looks similar?

I agree, I have seen deer / elk scat with all the pellets clumped together that looks like the picture shown above. I would say that if there are no known feral hogs in the area you are scouting (or if there are no known recordings of it) then it is most likely a deer.

http://icwdm.org/Inspection/BlackBrownDroppings.aspx
It look like the black bear scat picture on the right. I know it isn't black bear, but that's what it looks like. There was more that looked exactly like that picture. Also like the picture @Juan just posted

Let’s get a game cam on that
My guess is cow. When they spin their tail while dumping, the scat can take on many unique shapes :)
Seriously, I wish it were pig (more pigs = more future bacon) but there is cow scat in nearly every corner of San Diego’s public land and I’ve been fooled by it too many times.

It look like the black bear scat picture on the right. I know it isn't black bear, but that's what it looks like. There was more that looked exactly like that picture. Also like the picture @Juan just posted

This is a internet picture, I was trying to compare pig scat to the one you posted. I should of been more clear of the picture.

You can tell it's the offseason when we're debating turd pics.

Also, if you find one with corn in it, beware.. lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Jajajjajajjajajajjaja!! If you look at it from angle it looks like unicorn poop. Jajajjajajjajajjaja! I can't sleep thinking about deer season. I'm going crazy with anxiety.

Reactions: DoubleTrouble

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu