If you text people your hunt photos, you may be giving up your “secret spot”

Zach Jones

Oct 21, 2016
FYI —
I’ve noticed this happening this deer season. If you don’t explicitly have location data turned off on your photos, your nice picture of you and your trophy buck also tracks the location the photo was taken. Some websites scrub this data when you post, such as Instagram. Texting photos to people does not automatically scrub this data. I had a good spot get ruined this year because someone sent a photo around to all of his buddies.

What @Morgan1776 said, take screenshots of all your photos if you don't want your exif data floating around. Unfortunately I've heard this story many times now

Also..I'm always looking to snake more road hunting spots...so please..post away.. no screenshots!!

• Haha
Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu