In The Crest Today

Gteam2

Oct 24, 2013
Spent most of the day in the Crest today, covered lots of ground and spotted plenty of deer. The count for today was 17 total and 5 of those were bucks. To my disappointment when I got to within 45 yds. of a buck that I had spotted with 2 other deer I realized that the bigger bodied deer was one of the big bucks in the area and he had already shed his antlers, of course he stuck around without a care in the world. Next year!!! 3 weeks left, hope they all don't loose their antlers too soon. There is hope as I spotted another buck with a frame very similar to the 3x4 that Gil took last week, except he is only a 2x2 and still chasing does. Have fun hitting the hills and keep it safe!

Attachments

• 078.JPG
    078.JPG
    226 KB · Views: 23
  • 069.JPG
    069.JPG
    390.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 073.JPG
    073.JPG
    203.8 KB · Views: 24
Muledeerhunter said:
Nice. Great buck in your avatar.
Thanks Mdh, the avatar buck is one of my better Ca deer 4x6 with 3" eye guard on one side. 24" wide.

That's a lot of deer, must be hunting my spot below no name ridge and west of lost spring ;) good luck bro!!

Muledeerhunter said:
gteam said:
That's a lot of deer, must be hunting my spot below no name ridge and west of lost spring ;) good luck bro!!

Ha, I know exactly where to go now.......hey, wait a second.................lol
Now that's funny ;D good luck MDH

That's some serious looking beautiful country!! I will be up in the snow tomorrow. We took an inch earlier this week , suppost to get 3 ft this weekend. Nothing gonna keep me from hunting!! Good luck G2

From the stand earlier this week. Was only 28 degrees

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    858.3 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 19

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu