Inviting New Members

HunterBK

Apr 18, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
Is there currently a way to invite new members through the SCH website or Forum? If not, I think that would be a convenient way to get more users on the forum.

Obviously word of mouth, a text message to a friend, etc. all work to get more users online, but I believe that having a way to invite people through the forum would increase the number of users. I can tell my friends about the forum all day, but there's no guarantee they will actually go online in their free time to check it out. If they receive an email, on the other hand, with some SCH info and a link to sign up, the chances that they will actually visit the site and register as a user are much greater.

My thought would be to have a link titled "Invite New Members". When clicked, the forum member could input their friends email address and an email would be sent by SCH to that person. At a minimum, the email should contain the name of user who is inviting them to join the forum, their username on the forum, and a link to sign up. In addition to that, you could include some marketing information about SCH. It would also be nice if the current member could include a personal message to their friend in the email sent by SCH.

Let me know what you think.

Hi Brian,

Thank you for submitting an idea to the forum. We appreciate everyone trying to make our forum a better place.

The general idea is good but also invites some security/spammer challenges when we open up a mail program like that to the entire forum. The SCH team will have a discussion on the topic and see what we come up with. Also I am not sure some people would appreciate their email addresses being given out.

Your SCH Team

What about business cards? I work construction and always run into guys who hunt. Slipping them a business card would be an easy way to spread the word. Same with fine firearms. Someone buys a gun, staple the card to the receipt!

Advertising at Fine Firearms regarding SCH is well covered. If you want some business cards shoot me a PM and we will hook up.

Thanks for the cards John. I'll get them spread out amongst us construction guys. Should be able to pick up some new members!

Attachments

• IMG_20130822_165333.jpg
    IMG_20130822_165333.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
Thanks for dropping by the shop SCRH! We appreciate your dedication to the site and our great sponsors!

NBK said:
Thanks for dropping by the shop SCRH! We appreciate your dedication to the site and our great sponsors!

Just doing my part. Managed to pass out a handful today at the jobsite. They should start to trickle in...

I picked up 5-6 cards at the bbq. I have passed them out to guys with a camo hat that I started talking too and left one on a parked truck with hunting stickers on it. Etc.

SoCalRebelHunter said:
Thanks for the cards John. I'll get them spread out amongst us construction guys. Should be able to pick up some new members!

Posting other guide services cards?? :eek:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu