Islander 1.5 day

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
Just got back lfrom a 1.5 day on the Islander. First off I want to say the boat was worl class, great food, great crew, great time. They really go above and beyond.

We went way south got on a paddy around 6:30 am by 7 am the entire boat was limited on small YT and then catch and release until 7:30 wide open anything you put in the water got hit. I went to irons and hookups and was getting lit up.

After that we headed back north to go after the BF. We ended up getting two BF on Kites with Yummy Flyers, pulled names from a hat and both times I wasn't drawn. First fish was probably around 100 second more like 150. The bite was hot on the kite we were stuck 5 times landing the two. Then around 5pm it just died. Captain John kept us fishing until 9pm but we just couldn't get them to bite. He said the schools were a 1/4 mile long the BF were everywhere.

Great trip we decided to split the BF between all the anglers before we left the dock Tuesday night. All in all it was a great trip and I have a lot of fish in the freezer. I highly recommend the Islander they fed us like kings it was a great crew. After these BF get posted up I am sure they are going to be filling up quick.
Sashimi for dinner!

IMG_1882.JPG IMG_1885.JPG IMG_1886.JPG IMG_1888.JPG IMG_1889.JPG

Last edited:
Great report, thanks. So cool that everyone got to take home some tuna.

One of the best things I have ever eaten. Literally melts in your mouth. 1 min each side salt pepper then dip in wasabi soy sauce.

IMG_1891.JPG

Reactions: Moves

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu