Jacks and Squirrel Hunt

Learned One

Sep 15, 2016
I have been poking around on this forum for awhile now. Trying to gain knowledge to get out and do some hunting. I started thinking about small game and reading all kinds of posts. A video I came across with air rifles sparked my interest and made me decide to get the ball rolling. Knowing nothing about air rifles, I started researching and reading posts. After seeing Crosman999 answering questions and being recommended by other members i decided to reach out to him. Best thing i did. After answering some questions and giving some advice he invited me out. He took me on my first Jack rabbit and Squirrel hunt. It was awesome. Got one Jack rabbit and five or six squirrels the first day and two more squirrels the second. Got a lot of scouting experience and questions about it answered. I have such a better understanding of whats expected and how much work is involved. If it wasn't for this forum or members like Crosman999 I would still be dreaming about hunting. Thanks Dana for everything and hope we can get together again sometime.
He also took pics and made a video.

Reactions: TRICER
Good story and great vid.

Crosman999 seems like a pretty great guy to take you out and share all that knowledge with you.

Good luck with your future hunts.

Reactions: Crosman999
Mike,It was a pleasure to hunt with you and I commend you for reaching out. New hunters need to know it's ok to reach out to other members, I was lucky to meet some really good guys and was happy to return the favor. You did GREAT for your first hunt, especially with an Airrifle that is not easy to use in the wind. The shots you made were dang impressive and can't wait to get out again soon. I'm still full from our feast we all had Saturday night. Haha This thread shows what forums can accomplish in bringing hunters together, very important skill to pass on. Good stuff

Man that looks like a hell of a trip! May I ask where you guys went? I'd like to get into squirrel hunting this summer, work permitting...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Crosman999
Mike,It was a pleasure to hunt with you and I commend you for reaching out. New hunters need to know it's ok to reach out to other members, I was lucky to meet some really good guys and was happy to return the favor. You did GREAT for your first hunt, especially with an Airrifle that is not easy to use in the wind. The shots you made were dang impressive and can't wait to get out again soon. I'm still full from our feast we all had Saturday night. Haha This thread shows what forums can accomplish in bringing hunters together, very important skill to pass on. Good stuff

Right on!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu