Javi

180ls1

Nov 2, 2020
Poway
Went out for Deer and Javi for a few days. I love hunting this time of year in the desert southwest. I ended up passing on a smaller 3x2 in pursuit of a stud 5x4. I got close to making it happen but couldn't seal the deal on him.

Well, like so often happens, time has slipped away. However, I was supposed to pack up but decided to glass off a productive knob one last time for 5 - 10 mins. Boom! Javis about 1000 yards out! I ended up putting the stalk on them and as I was approaching I noticed one bedded 42 yards to my left. Obscured by brush I needed it to stand while not spooking the others. Sure enough, exactly that happened with a little movement on my end. I let an arrow fly right through the heart and it went 20 yards later.

24' Javi.jpgmtn.jpg

Last edited:
Nice, I shot m y first one this year and its pretty fun, I'm definitely going again. are you still deer hunting?

Unfortunatley not. I just went out for a few days.

I agree, definitely fun to hunt and great stalking practice.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu