Just curious

Easy Money

Sep 1, 2013
So I went down to fine firearms last week and bought my 1st gun, A Savage in 260 rem. so I have a couple of questions. Number 1 is why does time slow down and 10 days feel like 10 weeks? Also I have been looking at ammo and it seams that 260 is harder to come by than most others. Should I think about reloading or is it going to save me that much? Thanks

Realoading helps with money overtime, and it helps a lot with accuracy. Hornady has some pretty cool starter kits...

There should be many outlets that carry .260 Rem..........And this why I own 2 rifles......270 & 30-06.........lol

i know its different at different places but as a lost resort my local walmarts all carry a few different 260rems in lead and lead free. its usually the same price as 243win i shoot. between 18 and 10 a box depending on what you get.

Congrats with your purchase of a .260 Rem. It is an awesome cartridge that you will be very happy with. The round is an extremely popular long range target round and is gaining notoriety as an amazing hunting round. Finding ammo should be easy. And Fine Firearms carries a larger selection of .260 than most other cartridges.

Also check out Monolithic Munitions (monolithicmunitions.com). They load high quality ammunition for both the target shooter and the serious hunter.

Great choice dude!

reloading is cheap once you get it setup and you'll be surprised how accurate you can get. Plus with the lead ban it will be easier to find a load that works for your gun.......

MJB said:
reloading is cheap once you get it setup and you'll be surprised how accurate you can get. Plus with the lead ban it will be easier to find a load that works for your gun.......

+1 I started reloading due to the lead free condor zone i live and hunt in but now i reload everything its cheaper and i can get any bullet i need and work out the perfect load. i got started reloading for less then $200

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu