Just when I thought I'd seen it all! (visitor from San Diego)

Hunter Fishman

Feb 23, 2015
I know this guy is a local resident to San Diego & I'm sure some of you have seen them before but I'm not sure just how rare he is, (especially in my area) & out of the 28 years I've lived in my area, exploring every nook & cranny i could get to, I have never seen one in person or in a picture or even heard of them for that matter.
On top of that, I found it almost in city limits, crossing the road next 2 a gas station.
I captured him for ID & soon after released him near where I found him.
4 ft, Flawless scales, beautiful pattern & no damage!
Really, one of the coolest snakes I've found.
Ladies & gentlemen, allow me to introduce to you, THE STRIPED MORPH KING SNAKE!

I've found several kings but never this breed. I thought he mite be an escaped pet but he didnt act like he had ever had contact with humans or ever been in a tank.

Any thoughts on this guy finding his way to riverside/ San Bernadino County?
This actually has me quite curious.

I saw one like that in Temecula when I was a kid. Never saw another like it, was beginning to think I'd imagined it.

Have not seen one for a while but have in the past...

I have a lot of kings on my property......Typical black & white stripes......In captivity, they will breed with other types of snakes and can have any number of patterns.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 114
Unfortunately I would have turned my blinker on and went right over him. Looks like the damn road stripes.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu