Kill buck last day!!

ppbets

Nov 12, 2012
We had been set up our blind since 5:00 am and had no luck till at approximately 8:45 when we start to see some quail flock around our place.
Suddenly from the top of the mountain we look a 2x3 point buck came down the mountain and through the trees.
Initially taking notice of our blind but not being alarmed. I charge my bow and took aim, my hunting partner say "take the shoot" at that moment the buck moved south just in front of my blind spot.
My hunting partner charge his mathews 72lb draw, took less then 3 seconds to drawhis 30 yd pin and released.The trauma broadhead passed through the bucks vital tagging the lung and graving the heart, an amazing shot. The buck jumped 3 feet in the air twice and ran with amazing speed.
We wait 15 min and them tracked the buck.
The buck just ran 70 yds .
This buck was in beautiful condition very nice rack and eye guards.

Patience pays off, one the last day of the season, when you least expect it...... expect it.

Attachments

• p 478.JPG
    p 478.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 52
  • p 483.JPG
    p 483.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 51
  • p 474.JPG
    p 474.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 49
  • p 486.JPG
    p 486.JPG
    831.8 KB · Views: 46
Nice work getting it done.

Just fyi for next time, put the tag on before doing anything else and leave it on. Last year a guy on this forum lost a magnificent 4x4 for transporting it without a tag.

msteiger said:

Just fyi for next time, put the tag on before doing anything else and leave it on. Last year a guy on this forum lost a magnificent 4x4 for transporting it without a tag.

Matt,

Great advice.....One of the 1st things I noticed......No bad stories this year...... ;)

ilovesprig said:
msteiger said:

Matt,

Great advice.....One of the 1st things I noticed......No bad stories this year...... ;)

That one last year was heartbreaking.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu