lab mix ???/

S

stikbrandon

Got a few quick questions about a dog I'm gonna go look at tonight, so here's the scoop....

she is a lab mix, the mix part of her is a mountain cur ???? (iv never heard of that breed). she is 6 months old and is already house broken and has the basics down and does not expect treats to do so. i want a dog bad. i have the time for a dog but I'm not sure i have the time for a 10 wk old puppy.

i was wondering if i should just bite the bullet and get a purebread puppy , or adopt from a lab rescue like where I'm going tonight to see this pouch.'

do you guys think this dog is train able in duck hunting , with her being a lab mix????

have you guys heard of a mountain cur?

if so are they a smart dog ?

thanks for any info/ opinions

brandon

Don't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes it could work out but chances are that it will not. If you are going to dedicate the time to train a dog for hunting start with a pup or a started dog from hunting lines. make sure the eyes hips and elbows are all clear on both parents and take your time.

The money you spend on a pup or started dog is nothing next to the time and money you will spend on the dog over it's life

Back