Lake Henshaw bowfishing report

Randomshot

Feb 12, 2012
Lakeside, CA
Bow fished Lake Henshaw today and even though it was a little slow I managed to land 19 fish
AB780B1D-F347-4545-B17C-D67BB0A4FCB2-360-00000058F5EC03E1.jpg

While my buddy landed 1
64195747-98F6-48DF-9CC2-220374CF8F6D-360-000000592512FBA4.jpg

Needless to say there was some teasing going on a lunch ( if only it could have been LP who only shot one fish).

OK I got it figured out. That damn yellow shirt is your lucky shirt. From now on no betting if your wearing that shirt. LOL
Your buddy doesn't look to happy.

What do u do with them? I use to trade them for Donuts from Some Asian owned donut place in Lakeside When I was a kid

Nice can't wait to get out and shoot with you. I took your advice and I am going to buy the AMS bowfishing bow this week!

I took my dad out to Henshaw a few years back to stick some carp. I think I ended up with 3. Because of his bad shoulders, I don't think my dad was able to shoot much. Highlight of the day was when I shot an arrow out to show my dad how far it would shoot. I hadn't been shooting well that day. As I was reeling in, I said "wouldn't it be funny if I were to hit one I wasn't even aiming at, just by shooting at random?" As I got more line in, I noticed it wasn't coming straight back to me. Much to our surprise, I had nailed one about 10 inches long! Couldn't hit anything on purpose, but I stuck one by accident??? Just goes to show that if you keep trying, you're bound to connect eventually.

That's right El Matavenados sometimes all it takes is a Randomshot to get it done 8)
LP I'll let you borrow the shirt if you think it will help.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu