Lake Hodges Opener 2-2-22

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
"The Hodge" was tough for bass, but the crappie bite for many, was really good...55 degrees and off color water makes it even more challenging...Did get my 1st bass of the year on a Ned craw jig...Black & blue with blue flake...Felt good being back on the water........ :blush:

ps...Don't forget to buy your fishing license like I did this morning...Had to wait till 10:00 am for Turner's to open... :joy:

.IMG_4523.JPG

I look forward to getting the fishing season started as well. Nicely done Stevo.

Reactions: ilovesprig
Mason,

That's a $5.00 Wal-Mart rod....Now the reel is a little more pricey, but matches this rod perfectly ((Shimano SLX dc, about $200 bucks)... :blush:

ps...Berkeley Vanish 10 lb is line of choice.

Reactions: GUNDOGLOVER49

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu