Lake Hodges Today

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Got to the lake at about 2:00 pm with my daughters boyfriend. He wasn't really a bass fisherman, but I think he's hooked now (no pun intended)...... ;)

I got the action going after about 20 minutes with a 1 1/2 lber......Then Jacob got one and he was stoked......I got another 2lber and then he hooked I think his best bass to date.....A solid 3 1/2 (guessing)......I caught 2 more and we had to leave...... :(

Again, Senko's were the lure of choice......Jacob was using watermelon bf and I was using green pumpkin bf.

At 7 bucks a bag, he has to buy his own Senko's from now on........ :D

Attachments

• DSCF0532.JPG
    DSCF0532.JPG
    603.7 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCF0533.JPG
    DSCF0533.JPG
    762.4 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCF0540.JPG
    DSCF0540.JPG
    636.2 KB · Views: 48
  • DSCF0542.JPG
    DSCF0542.JPG
    422.5 KB · Views: 50
Fish look healthy. Hey Steve you could sell Jacob your used Senko's for half price. Of course he would have to wait till after you caught a fish.

Darryl,

I used to throw the used ones away.......Now I keep them and whacky worm 'em......In many conditions that's even a better technique...... ;)

Looks like a great time. Was thinking about heading out myself but just too busy this weekend. Going to try and go to Dixon on Saturday.

Got to the lake at about 2:00 pm with my daughters boyfriend. He wasn't really a bass fisherman, but I think he's hooked now (no pun intended)...... ;)

My daughter is 4 and she says she never wants to have a boyfriend. I hope it stays that way. But if it doesn't a day at the lake would give me plenty of time to scare him to death. Good job being actively involved. Nice fish.

Got out for a couple of hours yesterday......The fish were tight and despite the east wind the bite was pretty good........Same stuff........Senkos in the sticks in about 3-8 ft water.

Attachments

• DSCF0563.JPG
    DSCF0563.JPG
    463.7 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCF0561.JPG
    DSCF0561.JPG
    650.4 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCF0559.JPG
    DSCF0559.JPG
    335.5 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCF0557.JPG
    DSCF0557.JPG
    753.9 KB · Views: 48
hey man 4 pics of the same fish doesnt count. Just kidding. way to hook up you are inspirational all your adventures get me pumped to get out there and hunt and fish.

Truduct said:
hey man 4 pics of the same fish doesnt count. Just kidding. way to hook up you are inspirational all your adventures get me pumped to get out there and hunt and fish.

:D^^^^......Yeah, the bucks are pretty much clones.......The hens haven't come up yet....... ;)

Still bitin' at the Hodge............................ ;)

Attachments

• DSCF1038.JPG
    DSCF1038.JPG
    620.2 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCF1041.JPG
    DSCF1041.JPG
    857.2 KB · Views: 37
Looks like fun... I can't wait... My buddy just bought a new Ranger.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu