Lake Tahoe bear

wyorob

Oct 26, 2018
I'm going to a wedding in lake Tahoe this weekend, and managed to free up enough time for a two day one night hunt for bear. I'm from San Diego, anyone have any insight for a nearby place that won't be overrun with people?

Looking on the map, I was looking at going just past the five lakes area in the granite chief wilderness, but my friend told me it's going to be like being at the shopping mall it'll be so crowded with hikers and hippies

Open to suggestions for how to best spend my overnight trip before my friend's wedding. Mostly just want to get away from most the people, and still make it to the wedding.

check with the local biologist with in the deer zone. that will probably be your best bet.
look for wilderness areas, stay away from tourist locations.. lots of open land up there.

Reactions: Sdhunt17
i dont think bear is open yet.
bear is open when local deer GENERAL seaon opens
bow season is the only thing you can do.

I'm going to a wedding in lake Tahoe this weekend, and managed to free up enough time for a two day one night hunt for bear. I'm from San Diego, anyone have any insight for a nearby place that won't be overrun with people?

Looking on the map, I was looking at going just past the five lakes area in the granite chief wilderness, but my friend told me it's going to be like being at the shopping mall it'll be so crowded with hikers and hippies

Open to suggestions for how to best spend my overnight trip before my friend's wedding. Mostly just want to get away from most the people, and still make it to the wedding.
you are bow hunting?

Pioneer Trail. Them SOB's will run out in the road and bust up your bumper. Mom's RAV4 just got fixed.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu