Lanai axis deer lottery

No but it is on my bucket list.
It is a awesome hunt. Lots of opportunity and potential chance at a trophy axis. I usually do the archery hunt but this year I applied for the rifle season. Archery season they are still soft velvet by the time rifle season comes around they will be hard horned.

Aloha Bud-

Love Hawaii and love me some Axis!

h Finding a place during the archery and rifle season is near impossible for a haole like myself. I contemplated putting in for the rifle hunt and praying I could find a place and vehicle, but then found mokulele stopped allowing antlers on board (checked as well) then with the tragic events in Lahaina, and Maui in general, I didn't want to fly into Lanai then take the boat out - so, I didn't put in this year. I have been itching to try the state side - just got to work out the logistics ahead of time.

I have hunted Lanai on the private side (archery and rifle). Axis meat is the best!

Reactions: Brooksie

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu