Last day d16 buck

180ls1

Nov 2, 2020
Poway
With the leg injury I was unable to get out and scout or even hunt pre and early season. Not that it helped last year… lol. However, my leg was feeling strong after the CO hunt so I decided to hike a little the Friday after Thanksgiving. No luck. The fog rolled in hard and it was actually raining so I couldn’t glass and didn’t want to risk slipping.

I vowed to get back out there again Saturday AM but after a late dinner with friends I chickened out once heavy fog/mist was hitting my window that night on the drive home. Well, I woke up to a beautiful morning and immediately kicked myself for not going.

I decided to get back out there on public the last Sunday AM of season. My plans quickly changed as it was windy that morning and other hunters going to the area I wanted to hunt. No problem, I’ll try and find a different area a little more hidden. After several hours of hiking and glassing I finally turned this guy up around 9AM. At 480 yards. With it gusting wind and me wanting to be 100% sure he was legal lol I decided to move in closer. Well, after getting to 225 and checking another 4x times to make sure he was legal I let a round rip. Instant death. He has been eating great and it was a pleasant reminder that sometimes you just have to be out there.

IMG_0467.jpegIMG_0472.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
D16 genetics..
never waiver..push forward..tow the line..stay the course..and FINISH! Sttong work!!

Reactions: BOWUNTR and 180ls1
I have only one question for you: Did you go right a the bottom of the trail? if so, I decided to go left and I wished I would have gone right..lol.
Nice little Buck.

• Haha
Reactions: 180ls1 and YETI
I have only one question for you: Did you go right a the bottom of the trail? if so, I decided to go left and I wished I would have gone right..lol.
Nice little Buck.

Small world. He did have acorns in his stomach (shot exited back) so the area you were working was probably just as fruitful.

Thanks for the help with the pack out! :joy:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu