last hound hunt of the year

s13tsilvia

Aug 21, 2014
Australia
well tomorrow will be my last hound hunt for the year due to weather and other commitments, will be up once again nice and early to meet the crew and hopefully find a fresh one before it gets too hot.

I will update when im home with hopefully some pics of what we have taken.

Well she was an interesting day, I found marks early up high, so called the boys who brought the dogs up, got everyone in there positions an we were away, dogs did a few laps in the gully then best us out of the catchment into another one, so everyone took off after them, I ran off a ridge which was about a 1.5 k to the bottom to try an get in front . But another crew were in there an they had shot the deer .. so got our dog and headed out, stood on a tiger snake on the way out, don't know who got the bigger shock me or him... Brown pants action hahaha . Our other dogs had split upnand headed back high and then bailed up, one of the boys then walked the 2k in to despatch the deer, get the dogs and walk out.. very hot day, I probly covered 10k easily on foot and drank nearly 4ltr of fluid throughout the dsy and only had 1 piss ...

Coming home they had a rally on and the road was blocked with clowns trying to load the busted up evo. Then another one went off a cliff ..... Fun fun so had a few beers while waiting for the road to be cleared an then we continued on home. Pics to come

Attachments

• IMAG1023.jpg
    IMAG1023.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 24
  • IMAG1025.jpg
    IMAG1025.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 17
  • IMAG1027.jpg
    IMAG1027.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 17
  • IMAG1030.jpg
    IMAG1030.jpg
    706.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMAG1031.jpg
    IMAG1031.jpg
    800.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMAG1026.jpg
    IMAG1026.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 17

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu