Last minute advice request: Bowhunting D12/D16

moxford

Hi all. Got into bowhunting but have missed most of the season except for D-12 and D-16.

I'm debating a very long drive from the northern California area (well, Bay Area) down that way and at least get some field-time if nothing else.

I'm backpack-capable with no issues getting back in the hills for days at a time (I do SAR work up here so most of my gear is dialed in pretty good.) I've been shooting (archery) for a number of years but just upgraded my gear and have an OTC AO tag. The D-12/16 seasons are closing shortly so I'm hoping to get at least one trip in before I have to settle in for months of hogs. =)

Any suggestions or general tips for those area would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

-mox

Moxford,

Welcome to SCH.......There are archery only areas here in D-16 (Laguna's & San Felipe WA).....Long drive, but sounds like you're willing to do it for the chance at a buck.....I'd say go for it.....Hell, I drive all the way to NoCal to shoot a damn duck or goose..... ;)

ps.....Let us know when you get here.....Lots of guys will help you.

The lagunas is probably ur best bet theres lots of deer and bucks. It is a short time frame but can be done. I hunt there every year and always get at least one oppurtunity. Its best set up for bow hunting also so i would focus on lagunas.

Back