last second hog hunt?

Well I'm glad everyone was too busy to come out this morning. Turned out to be a bust, literally. I saw same movement about 40 yards off in the brush, I drew back and waited. Nothing came out so I started to let off on my bow and as I did the string popped off the cam and I was done for the day.

At least it gives me a reason to go over and talk to the guys the Bow N Arrow Shop.

archerthearcher said:
Well I'm glad everyone was too busy to come out this morning. Turned out to be a bust, literally. I saw same movement about 40 yards off in the brush, I drew back and waited. Nothing came out so I started to let off on my bow and as I did the string popped off the cam and I was done for the day.

At least it gives me a reason to go over and talk to the guys the Bow N Arrow Shop.

Are you shooting a Destroyer?

NBK said:
Have plans but hope you smash one!

I would have gone if I seen ur post yesterday. I drove out east to some public land to do some scouting, had a free day could have gone. Let me know next time, hopefully I can make it.

No LP, I shot a PSE BruteX

I think I will just take it in and have Bruce or one of the guys show me what I messed up and how to fix it if it happens again.

If you twist your release when you let down the string will come off the cams of most bows.

Rogerskd said:
Is hog hunting all year round? Do i just get a tag from the DFAW web page?

Yes, but keep in mind if you get a tag from the website you'll have to wait for it. You can go to any licensing location and buy your tag and they will print it, no wait. All depends how spur of the moment you are.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu